Sunday, September 22, 2013

Waiting for You


 
Gimme a Little Kiss welcomes Marie Higgins, a best-selling, multi-published author of sweet romance. Her stories include everything from refined bad-boy heroes who make your heart melt to the feisty heroines who somehow manage to love them regardless of their faults. Visit her website / blog to discover more about her – http://mariehiggins84302.blogspot.com or look for her on Facebook – facebook.com/marie.higgins.7543 – and Twitter - @MarieHigginsXOX

Take a look at Waiting for You. When a beautiful woman claiming to be a ghost from 1912 appears in Nick Marshal’s new office and begs for help in solving her murder, he’s intrigued enough to consider her plea. A scandal that rocked Hollywood almost destroyed his law practice, so taking on a client who insists she’s dead seems a good way to refresh his career. The more history he uncovers, the deeper he falls for the ghost. Abigail Carlisle believes Nick is her heart’s true desire, but how can happily ever after happen when she’s already dead?

Set up for the kiss:  Abigail is a ghost from 1912. Nick is a lawyer from current day, trying to find her killer to help her pass over. When they first meet, he can’t touch her. (of course…she’s a ghost!) But the closer they get to finding her murderer, the more real she becomes. In this scene they realize they can touch each other, but since Nick is talking to other people, he can’t react like he wants to.

And now for the kiss:

Nick hurried to the car, his fingers still entwined with Abigail’s. Once she was certain nobody could hear them, she squeezed his hand. “Do you feel that?”

This time when he looked at her, pleasure darkened his eyes. “You know I do. But what happened? Why do I feel you?”

“I don’t know, but I could have jumped out of my skin with joy in there.”

“Me, too. Do you know how hard it was to act like nothing was happening?”

He opened the passenger’s side door and motioned for Abigail to slide in. He hurried and closed the door then practically ran to get in on his side. He didn’t take her in his arms like she wanted. Instead, he started the car and raised the top to the convertible.

She sat still, holding her breath, praying he’d want to touch her. He looked almost too stiff. Her gut clenched. Did he not like the idea of holding her?

Once he was on the road, he leaned back in his seat and draped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her against him. With a relieved sigh, she snuggled up to him and rested her palm on his chest.

“Nick? What do you think this means? Why do you think I can feel you now when I have not been able to before?”

He shook his head. “You’re asking the wrong person, honey. I have a couple of guesses, but I don’t know for sure.”

“What do you think?”

“Well, first I think I’ve completely lost my mind and that’s why I can feel you. Or maybe we’re getting closer to finding your killer and that’s why you’re becoming real.”

She chewed her lower lip before whispering, “I wonder when we do discover who killed me, will I pass over at that exact moment?”

“I don’t know, honey.” He leaned closer and kissed her forehead. “I don’t want to think about that right now.”

“Me either,” she said in such a low voice that Nick had to lean closer to hear her. How could she think of leaving him when she’d just found him?

“So then maybe we should pretend that I’m completely crazy,” Nick said, “and that’s the reason for all of this.”

She laughed and stroked his face. “Oh, Nick. I really cannot believe I’m touching you. Your skin is so warm, so smooth.” She moved her hand down his neck to his chest. “I can feel the beat of your heart against my palm.” She smiled.

A deep groan tore from his throat, and he turned the car down a darkened street. Soon, he stopped the vehicle and switched off the engine.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“I can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep driving when I have you on my mind.”

In one sharp move, he gathered her in his arms, bringing his face to her neck. She sighed and leaned her head back, enjoying his hot breath on her skin.

“Abby, I’ve wanted to touch you for so long,” he mumbled against her neck.

“Me, too.” She threaded her fingers through his hair, holding his head against her.

His hands traveled over her back and arms then moved up to gently stroke her hair. He kissed her neck before sliding his lips to her mouth. When he captured her lips, she gasped. Every nerve responded to his touch. She wanted the kiss to last forever.

She leaned into him, tightening her hold around his neck. A deep moan came from him as the kiss deepened. Sighing, she enjoyed the way his lips moved with her, and because she wasn’t used to being kissed in such a fervent way, all she could do was follow his lead.

Nick pulled her closer, never taking his mouth from hers, but before she could truly enjoy the many sensations assaulting her body, a bright light shone inside the car, followed by a loud bang on the window.


Waiting for You by Marie Higgins is available at Amazon.com.
Just click here -  http://amzn.com/B00EQQMACU

 

1 comment: